Standard Interpretations are letters or memos written in response to public inquiries or field office inquiries regarding how some aspect of or terminology in an OSHA standard or regulation is to be interpreted and enforced by the Agency. These letters provide guidance to clarify the application of an established OSHA standard, policy, or procedure, but they may not, in themselves, establish or revise OSHA policy or procedure or interpret the OSH Act. They must specifically cite the source policy or procedure document they interpret.
Alert: Due to routine maintenance on the OSHA website, some pages are temporarily unavailable.
To report an emergency, file a complaint with OSHA or ask a safety and health question, call 1-800-321-6742 (OSHA).
- 1910.184 - Alloy Steel Chain Slings. - 07/01/1976
- 1910.184 - An interpretation of 1910.184, which defines "sling". - 06/20/1980
- 1910.184 - Applicable standards for Below-the-Hook Lifting Devices and slings. - 10/01/1998
- 1910.184 - Certain provisions of 1910.184, Slings. - 08/02/1976
- 1910.184 - Clarification of 1910.184, Wire Rope Slings and their inspection. - 07/12/1990
- 1910.184 - Clarification of 1910.184. - 07/12/1976
- 1910.184 - Comments on Variance Application Number 2293. - 09/18/1995
- 1910.184 - Load Testing of Synthetic Web and Other Slings - 07/19/1988
- 1910.184 - Only alloy steel chain is recommended by chain manufacturers for overhead hoisting. - 05/18/1978
- 1910.184 - OSHA standards do not cover large laundry nets. - 12/09/1975
- 1910.184 - Proof testing, as a unit, certain types of alloy steel chain lifting devices. - 05/03/1977
- 1910.184 - Removal from service criteria for wire rope slings. - 03/18/1994
- 1910.184 - Requesting clarification of Slings - 05/31/1995
- 1910.184 - The rated capacity of alloy steel chain slings. - 04/11/1988
- 1910.184(c)(6) - Requirement for a safety latch on a sling hook depends on the activity for which the sling is being used. - 01/10/2006
- 1910.184(d) - Required Frequency of Periodic Wire Rope Inspections for Lifting Equipment - 02/05/1992
- 1910.184(e)(2)(i) - The use of clevis pins and cotterpins to attach slings and hooks; use of latches on sling hooks. - 10/19/2009
- 1910.184(e)(2)(ii) - The use of clevis pins and cotterpins to attach slings and hooks; use of latches on sling hooks. - 10/19/2009
- 1910.184(i)(8) - Removing synthetic web slings from service. - 03/29/1982
- 1910.184(i)(9) - Removing synthetic web slings from service. - 03/29/1982