Standard Interpretations are letters or memos written in response to public inquiries or field office inquiries regarding how some aspect of or terminology in an OSHA standard or regulation is to be interpreted and enforced by the Agency. These letters provide guidance to clarify the application of an established OSHA standard, policy, or procedure, but they may not, in themselves, establish or revise OSHA policy or procedure or interpret the OSH Act. They must specifically cite the source policy or procedure document they interpret.
Scheduled Maintenance - President's Day Weekend
The U.S. Department of Labor will be conducting scheduled system maintenance beginning Friday, Feb. 15 at 5 p.m. ET through Tuesday, Feb. 19 at 8 a.m. ET. Some pages may be temporarily unavailable.
To report an emergency, file a complaint with OSHA, or to ask a safety and health question, call 1-800-321-6742 (OSHA).
- 12/20/1994 - Machine-guarding requirements. - [1910.212]
- 09/09/1994 - Rescue Equipment Requirements. - [1910.146]
- 08/18/1994 - Explosives and Blasting Agents. - [1910.109]
- 08/11/1994 - Permit-required confined spaces. - [1910.146]
- 08/08/1994 - Permit space entry. - [1910.146; 1910.268; 1910.269]
- 07/26/1994 - Medical and First Aid standards. - [1926.50]
- 07/13/1994 - Order of testing for permit spaces. - [1910.146]
- 07/01/1994 - Appropriate quality standards for PPE. - [1910.1030]
- 05/25/1994 - Respirator Exhalation Valve Leakage. - [1910.134]
- 05/09/1994 - Hearing conservation standard questions. - [1910.95]
- 04/29/1994 - Recapping of contaminated needles. - [1910.1030]
- 04/25/1994 - Field Sanitation Standard. - [1928.110]
- 04/11/1994 - Vessel Safety - OSHA or U.S. Coast Guard. - [1919.1]