Standard Interpretations are letters or memos written in response to public inquiries or field office inquiries regarding how some aspect of or terminology in an OSHA standard or regulation is to be interpreted and enforced by the Agency. These letters provide guidance to clarify the application of an established OSHA standard, policy, or procedure, but they may not, in themselves, establish or revise OSHA policy or procedure or interpret the OSH Act. They must specifically cite the source policy or procedure document they interpret.
- 12/18/1991 - Fixed ladders in outdoor advertising. - 
- 12/10/1991 - Underground storage tanks and 1910.120. - [1910.120]
- 12/05/1991 - New manlift installations. - [1910.68(b)(3)]
- 12/01/1991 - Ground continuity monitoring devices. - [1926.404]
- 11/22/1991 - Aerial apparatus and ground ladders. - [1910.7]
- 11/13/1991 - Proper wiring of a new overhead crane. - [1910.303]
- 11/01/1991 - Hearing report on OSHA reform.
- 10/31/1991 - Field Sanitation Standard. - [1928.110]
- 10/29/1991 - Stacking trench boxes in trenches. - [1926.650]
- 10/16/1991 - Ergonomics in the Baking Industry.
- 10/08/1991 - Application of bridge brakes. - [1910.179]
- 10/08/1991 - Grain handling facilities. - [1910.272]
- 10/03/1991 - Width of Manhole Covers - [1910.24]
- 10/01/1991 - Force factor for fall arrest systems - [1910.66]
- 05/30/1991 - Grain elevator inspection activities. - [1910.272]
- 05/15/1991 - Outer Shipping Container Labeling - [1910.1200]
- 04/04/1991 - Separate line for a full body harness - [1910.27]
- 04/03/1991 - Favorable Review Commission Decision. - [1915.73(d)]
- 04/03/1991 - Favorable Review Commission Decision. - [1910.1020]
- 04/01/1991 - Occupational noise exposure limits - [1910.95(a)]
- 03/04/1991 - Machine Guarding - [1910.212(a)(1)]
- 02/28/1991 - Use of thermoplastic pipe in above ground locations
- 01/18/1991 - Sampling for benzidine congener dyes - [1910.1010]