Combustible Dust: An Explosion Hazard
The following OSHA publications contain voluntary guidelines for employers and employees. The first is a short hazard alert with basic information. The second is a bulletin that is more comprehensive in nature. The third gives specific guidance on hazard communication. The final item is a poster listing some of the more common materials that can form combustible dust
- Precautions for Firefighters to Prevent Dust Explosions. OSHA QuickCard, Publication 3674, (August 2013).
- Firefighting Precautions at Facilities with Combustible Dust. OSHA Publication 3644, (April 2013).
- Hazard Alert: Combustible Dust Explosions. OSHA Fact Sheet, (May 2015).
- Combustible Dust in Industry: Preventing and Mitigating the Effects of Fire and Explosion. OSHA Safety and Health Information Bulletin (SHIB) 07-31-2005, (July 31, 2005).
- Hazard Communication Guidance for Combustible Dusts. OSHA Publication 3371, (2009).
- Combustible Dust --- Does your company or firm process any of these products or materials in powdered form? OSHA Poster, (2008).
- Combustible Dust. Safety and Health material produced through OSHA Susan Harwood Training Grant Program.