The CMAA Alliance will provide the association's members with information and guidance to help them protect employees' health and safety, particularly in reducing and preventing exposure to construction industry hazards and increasing access to construction industry safety and health information and training resources. The goals of the Alliance include:
Training and education
- Develop safety and health programs and guidelines on the need for implementing safety and health programs and processes in the workplace.
- Organize and provide the necessary resources for the presentation of OSHA's construction courses to CMAA members when OSHA and CMAA identify the need.
Outreach and communication
- Develop and disseminate guidance and information at conferences, events, and/or through print and electronic media, and links from the OSHA and CMAA web sites.
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at conferences, local meetings, or other events.
- Cross-train OSHA personnel and industry safety and health practitioners in construction management best practices and/or effective approaches.
- Promote and encourage the CMAA members' participation in OSHA's cooperative programs.
Promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health
- Raise awareness through speeches and appearances by CMAA leaders of successful worksite programs and their commitment to workplace safety and health.
- Convene or participate in forums and roundtable discussions on multi-employer worksite issues to help forge innovative solutions.