- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- Steel Tank Institute/Steel Plate Fabricators Association (STI/SPFA)
Through the Alliance, OSHA and the organizations will encourage the petroleum and petrochemical liquid storage industries to increase employee access to safety and health information and training resources on workplace issues. In particular, the Alliance will address training on workplace issues including tank entry, cleaning, maintenance and rescue operations and work within and around petroleum and petrochemical liquid storage tanks. The Alliance's goals include:
Outreach and communication
- Work with OSHA to provide expertise in developing information on the recognition and prevention of workplace hazards, and to provide expertise in developing ways of communicating such information to employees and employers in the industry.
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at OSHA or industry conferences such as the API/NFPA Safety Tank Entry Workshop.
- Share information among OSHA personnel and industry and safety and health professionals regarding API's, NFPA's, and STI's best practices or effective approaches and publicize results through outreach by API, NFPA, and STI and through OSHA- or API, NFPA and STI - developed materials, training programs, workshops, seminars and lectures.
- Promote and encourage the petroleum and petrochemical industry's participation in OSHA cooperative programs such as compliance assistance, the Voluntary Protection Programs, and Consultation and its Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program.
- Work with other Alliance participants on specific issues and projects that are addressed and developed through the Alliance Program.