Educational Materials and Resources for Workers and Employers
Fall Prevention Publications Webpage contains fall prevention materials in English and Spanish.
Ladder Safety Guidance
- Falling Off Ladders Can Kill: Use Them Safely - Booklet (PDF)
- Safe Use of Extension Ladders - Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Safe Use of Job-made Wooden Ladders - Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Safe Use of Stepladders - Fact Sheet (PDF)
- NIOSH Ladder safety phone app (English and Spanish)
Drop-In Art for Publications
- Quarter Size (PDF) (Color) (Black and White), Spanish (PDF) (Color) (Black and White)
- Full Size (PDF) (Color) (Black and White), Spanish (PDF) (Color) (Black and White)
Additional Educational Materials and Resources for Workers and Employers
- Construction Industry Webpage
- Fall Protection in Residential Construction
- Fall Protection Safety and Health Topics page
- Construction eTool - Falls
- OSHA Heat Illness Prevention Campaign
- CPWR: Stop Construction Falls. Contains educational and training tools including the fatality map
- Occupational Ladder Fall Injuries - CDC Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR)
- Fall Protection Resource for New Home Construction. CPWR through NIOSH.
- NSC Construction & Utilities Division
- Safety at Heights Resources: Falls from height is the second-leading unintentional fatal workplace event. The resources includes Fall Protection When Performing Aerial Work on Wood Poles; Safety Around Drilled Holes – Pier or Direct Embed Foundations; Guide to Selecting Fall Protection Systems for Bridge Work.
PLAN ahead to get the job done safely.
PROVIDE the right equipment.
TRAIN everyone to use the equipment safely.