Plan. Provide. Train.
Three simple steps to preventing falls.
OSHA Fall Prevention Training Guide - A Lesson Plan for Employers (PDF). A Spanish version (PDF) is also available.
OSHA Alliance Program Toolbox talks and Training products
- Aerial Devices and Elevating Equipment
- Fall Protection
- Ladder Safety
- Toolbox Talk: Fall Protection (PDF). A Spanish version (PDF) is also available.
Scaffolding: Narrow Frame Scaffolds Fact Sheet (PDF). (OSHA 3722 - 2014).
Material Hoist Collapse (PDF). OSHA FATAL Facts No. 8, (2014).
Prevention Videos (v-Tools)
- Falls in Construction
- Fall Protection: Roofing. Washington State Video.
- Fall Protection: Trusses. Washington State Video.
American Ladder Institute: American Ladder Institute provided by the American Ladder Institute includes step ladders, single ladders, extension ladders, articulated ladders and mobile ladder sessions. Now available in Spanish.
- Roofer Falls 20 Feet from Roof (PDF). Washington Report: 71-139-2015, (September 2015).
- Fatality Narrative as slideshow (PDF).
- Hispanic Roofer's Fall Protection Failed Causing Him to Fall 29.91 Feet to his Death, Kentucky. NIOSH, Kentucky Case Report: 14KY030, (July 2015).
- Horse Breeder Falls 11-12 Feet from Hayloft When Throwing Hay Bale - Michigan. NIOSH, Michigan Case Report: 12MI281, (July 2015).
- Two Construction Workers Fall to Their Death through Temporary Wooden Bridge Platforms (PDF). New Jersey Department of Health.
Massachusetts Department of Public Health Resources: Fall Prevention for Construction Workers
- Fall prevention for construction workers
- Falls: The Leading Killer on Construction Sites (PDF). A Haitian Creole version (PDF), Portuguese version (PDF), and Español version (PDF) are also available.
- Ladder Safety for Residential Construction Contractors (PDF). A Haitian Creole version (PDF), Portuguese version (PDF), and Español version (PDF) are also available.
- Scaffold Safety for Residential Construction Contractors (PDF). Portuguese version (PDF) and Español version (PDF) are also available.