During the Internship, the graduate nurse student will participate in learning experiences such as:
- Receive a general orientation to OSHA, including an overview of the various Directorates and their missions.
- Research a topic of interest to OSHA and create a product for the public or OSHA field staff. Prepare a presentation for OSHA staff describing the product and, if appropriate, offering ideas for further agency action.
- Observe compliance activities through worksite visits with an experienced OSHA compliance safety and health officer (an inspector).
- Participate in current regulatory process activities relating to occupational safety and health.
- Attend congressional and/or public hearings related to current agency activities.
- Participate in informational visits to external stakeholder groups, e.g., American Nurses Association; National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health.