Combustible Dust: An Explosion Hazard
Related Safety and Health Topics Pages
- Confined Spaces
- Electric Power Generation, Transmission, and Distribution Industry
- Fire Safety
- Grain Handling Facilities
- Hazard Communication
U.S. Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board
- CSB Combustible Dust hazard Investigation
- Hoeganaes Corporation Fatal Flash Fires
- Imperial Sugar Company Dust Explosion and Fire
- Hayes Lemmerz Dust Explosions and Fire
- CTA Acoustics Dust Explosion and Fire
- West Pharmaceutical Services Dust Explosion and Fire
Other Federal Resources
- Overview of Dust Explosibility Characteristics. NIOSH, Cashdollar-KL, NIOSHTIC-2 No. 20020625, (2000, May) . Appeared in the J Loss Prev Process Ind 2000 May 13(3-5); :183-199.
- Worker Killed in Wood-dust Fire Sparked by Faulty Fuse. NIOSH FACE Oregon Case Report: 03OR021, (2006, February 9).
- Combustible Dust [PDF*]. Oregon Hazard Alert, OR-OSHA 2993, (2008, June).
- Combustible Dust Explosion Hazards. Kentucky Department of Labor Hazard Alert.
- Combustible Dust Poses a Dangerous, Explosive Threat in the Workplace [PDF*]. NCDOL Industry Alert.
- Development and Control of Dust Explosions (Occupational Safety and Health). John Nagy, Marcel Dekker Inc., ISBN 0-8247-7004-8.
- Dust Explosions in the Process Industries. Eckhoff, Rolf K., Elsevier Science, ISBN 0-7506-7602-7.
- Dust Explosion Prevention and Protection: A Practical Guide. Katherine Barton, Gulf Publishing Company, ISBN 0-7506-7519-3.
*Accessibility Assistance: Contact OSHA's Directorate of Standards and Guidance at (202) 693-1999 for assistance accessing PDF materials.
All other documents, that are not PDF materials or formatted for the web, are available as Microsoft Office® formats and videos and are noted accordingly. If additional assistance is needed with reading, reviewing or accessing these documents or any figures and illustrations, please also contact OSHA's Directorate of Standards and Guidance at (202) 693-1999.
**eBooks - EPUB is the most common format for e-Books. If you use a Sony Reader, a Nook, or an iPad you can download the EPUB file format. If you use a Kindle, you can download the MOBI file format.