- Safety and Health Topics
- Combustible Dust: An Explosion Hazard
Combustible Dust: An Explosion Hazard
The following OSHA publications contain voluntary guidelines for employers and employees. The first is a short hazard alert with basic information. The second is a bulletin that is more comprehensive in nature. The third gives specific guidance on hazard communication. The final item is a poster listing some of the more common materials that can form combustible dust
- Precautions for Firefighters to Prevent Dust Explosions [PDF]. OSHA QuickCard, Publication 3674-08 2013 (August 2013).
- Firefighting Precautions at Facilities with Combustible Dust [PDF]. OSHA Publication 3644-04-2013 (April 2013).
- Hazard Alert: Combustible Dust Explosions [PDF]. OSHA Fact Sheet, (March 2008), 2 pages.
- Combustible Dust in Industry: Preventing and Mitigating the Effects of Fire and Explosion [PDF]. OSHA Safety and Health Information Bulletin (SHIB) 07-31-2005, (July 31, 2005).
- Hazard Communication Guidance for Combustible Dusts [PDF]. OSHA Publication 3371-08, (2009).
- Combustible Dust --- Does your company or firm process any of these products or materials in powdered form? [PDF] OSHA Poster, (2008), 1 page.
- Combustible Dust. Safety and Health material produced through OSHA Susan Harwood Training Grant Program.