By achieving SHARP status, you have placed yourself in an
elite group of small businesses that maintain exemplary injury and illness prevention programs. In addition to being granted an exemption from OSHA
programmed inspections for up to 2 years, and subsequent renewal for up to 3
- Protect workers from all safety and health hazards that may exist at your workplace;
- Work with OSHA to identify and implement best practices to protect your workers;
- Develop an innovative injury and illness prevention program for your business that will protect your workers.
Create a Culture
- Create a better working environment free of safety and health hazards;
- Boost worker morale by involving workers in creating a culture that emphasizes a safe and healthful workplace;
- Improve communication among workers and management;
- Encourage safety in the community as workers may transfer safe and healthy work practices outside of the workplace.
Build a Reputation
- Receive official recognition from OSHA for your achievement of SHARP status and for maintaining an exemplary injury and illness prevention program;
- Become a leader in your industry by providing a safe and healthy workplace for workers;
- Attract skillful workers looking to join a business that is at the forefront of its industry in providing a safe and healthy workplace for its workers;
- Lower worker compensation insurance premiums;
- Improve your worker retention and reduce costly turnover;
- Reduce worker days away from work to keep operations and production running smoothly;
See how many worksites have become
Success Stories through SHARP!
*Participation in SHARP does not eliminate the responsibilities of owners or rights of workers under the Occupational Safety and Health Act. Under OSHA, the following types of incidents can trigger an OSHA enforcement inspection at SHARP sites: formal complaints, fatality, imminent danger situations and any other significant events as directed by the Assistant Secretary of OSHA.