Success stories from OSHA's On-Site Consultation Program and Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program (SHARP) recognize both the important work of On-Site Consultation and small business employers who operate exemplary safety and health programs. On-Site Consultation and SHARP are voluntary programs. To submit a request for a comprehensive consultation, see OSHA's Consultation Directory.
Authorized representatives from SHARP companies who would like to share their story of workplace safety and health may do so by working with their On-Site Consultant. To locate the On-Site Consultation program nearest you, see OSHA's Consultation Directory.
Featured Success Stories
Oregon's SHARP Alliance Grows a Network Devoted to Improving Workplace Health and Safety
- On Sept. 21, 2000, the Oregon SHARP Alliance was incorporated.
- Oregon OSHA’s Consultation convened several exploratory and educational meetings to help put the Alliance in action.
- The Oregon SHARP Alliance is in the 22nd year.
Southwestern Scale Company, Inc. Tips the Scale of Safety Excellence and Achieves SHARP
- Southwestern Scale Company achieved its goal and received the SHARP status in summer of 2022.
- After working with ADOSH Consultation, the company was able to maintain TRC and DART rates below the national average.
Michigan On-Site Consultation Helps Reduce Silica Exposures
- Business fabricates stone counter tops.
- MIOSHA On-Site Consultation helped company reduce silica exposures below the action level (AL).
Gemini Inc’s Work with Minnesota Consultation Leads to Improved Workplace Safety and Health
- Headquartered in Canon Falls, Minnesota.
- MNSHARP Consultants helped them reduce their TCIR from 2.64 in 2015 to 1.42 in 2021
- Initially approved for SHARP in 2009 and most recently renewed in 2021.
Multiple River Metals Recycling Facilities in Indiana Achieve SHARP
- North Vernon and Albany locations achieved SHARP
- Received INSHARP in Spring of 2022.
Federal Tool & Engineering, LLC Takes Safety to a New Level with SHARP
- Company achieved SHARP status in December of 2021.
- SHARP has helped to give FTE a clearer focus and understanding on how to manage a safety system that combines the input of both management and shop employees.
- Operates four manufacturing plants, five design centers, and a country-wide technical sales team who locally represents their communities.
- Earned SHARP in January 2018 and graduated from the SHARP program in January of 2022.
Ohio Consultation Builds Relationship with Agricultural Community
- Partnered with agricultural groups in state to provide training and education
- Because of Ohio On-Site Consultation’s dedication to working with the agricultural community, the national kickoff for the 2023 Stand Up 4 Grain Safety will be held in Ohio on March 27, 2023.