- Benefits and Resources
- eTools, eMatrix, Expert Advisors and v-Tools
- Hazard Communication
- OSHA's A to Z Index
- Q&A's for Small Businesses
- Safety and Health Topics
- Small Business Handbook
- Small Entity Compliance Guides
- Small Business Publications
- Small Business Regulatory Enforcement Fairness Act of 1996 (SBREFA)
- Compliance Assistance Specialists (CASs)
- Contact Us
- Frequently Cited OSHA Standards
- Help for Employers
- OSHA Injury and Illness Recordkeeping and Reporting Requirements
- New Compliance Assistance Products
- OSHA's Hazard Identification Training Tool
- OSHA's Fall Prevention Campaign
- OSHA's Campaign to Prevent Heat Illness in Outdoor Workers
- OSHA's $afety Pays Program
- Sample Programs
- Letters of Interpretation
- Training Resources
- Workers' Rights
OSHA's Free On-site Consultation Program offers free and confidential safety and occupational health advice to small and medium-sized businesses in all states across the country, with priority given to high-hazard worksites. We have many success stories and case studies.
In FY 2016, responding to requests from small employers looking to create or improve their workplace safety and health programs, OSHA's On-site Consultation Program conducted approximately 28,000 visits to small business worksites covering over 1.1 million workers across the nation. To locate the OSHA On-site Consultation Program nearest you, call 1-800-321-6742 (OSHA) or visit OSHA's Consultation Directory.
The On-site Consultation Program's Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program (SHARP) recognizes small business employers who operate an exemplary injury and illness prevention program.
Compliance Assistance Quick Start is a tool to introduce employers and workers, especially those at new or small businesses, to the compliance assistance resources on OSHA's website. Quick Start currently includes modules for:
By following the step-by-step guides, you can generate an initial set of compliance assistance materials tailored to your workplace.