Basic Steel Products
Safety and Health Case Study and Success Stories
- Steel Company Implements Operator Inspection Program to Improve Cutting Torch Safety. OSHA Success Story, (November 2005).
- Chaparral Steel Case Study: MASH Program. OSHA and The Steel Group Case Study, (December 2005). Shows how Chaparral Steel implemented its "Manager Accountable for Safety and Health" (MASH) program to educate managers, supervisors, and team leaders about OSHA compliance, safe work practices, and company-specific policies and procedures.
- OSHA Technical Manual (OTM) OSHA Directive TED 01-00-015 [TED 1-0.15A], (January 20, 1999).
- Noise (August 15, 2013).
- Crane, Hoist and Monorail/OSHA Alliance page. Material Handling Industry of America, (2006).
- Injury and Illness Recordkeeping and Reporting Requirements. OSHA.
- The Industrial Environment - its Evaluation and Control. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Publication No. 74-117, (1973).
- Industries in the VPP. Includes a listing, by industry, of those participating in the program.
- Eye and Face Protection. OSHA eTool. Describes the elements of a comprehensive hazard assessment, provides information about selecting personal protective devices for the workplace, as well as a review of key OSHA requirements.
- Respiratory Protection. OSHA eTool. Provides information on the development of respirator cartridge change schedules and addresses respirator selection and other requirements of the standard.
- Machine Guarding. OSHA eTool. Focuses on recognizing and controlling common amputation hazards associated with the operation and use of certain types of machines.