- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- American Chemistry Council (ACC)
- Center for Chemical Process Safety (CCPS, a Technical Alliance of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers)
- The Chlorine Institute (CI)
- National Petrochemical and Refiners Association (NPRA)
- Society of Chemical Manufacturers and Affiliates (SOCMA)
- United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
Through the OSHA and Process Safety Alliance, the signatories will focus on providing the Alliance Partners' members and the general public, including small businesses, with information, guidance, and access to training resources in the field of process safety including the management of chemical reactivity hazards. The Alliance's organizations will work together to help prevent catastrophic explosions, fires, and toxic releases to protect employees, manufacturing facilities, the environment and the public. The goals of the Alliance include:
Training and education
- Deliver or arrange for the delivery of process safety courses.
Outreach and communication
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at OSHA's or the Alliance Partners' conferences and regional or local meetings, such as those attended by small businesses.
- Share information among OSHA and EPA personnel and industry process safety professionals regarding the best practices or effective approaches developed by the Alliance Partners, and publicize results through outreach by Alliance Partners and through OSHA- or Alliance Partners-developed materials, training programs, workshops, seminars, and Web sites.
- Work with other Alliance participants on specific issues and projects on the identification and management of chemical reactivity hazards that are addressed and developed through the Alliance Program.
Promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health
- Convene or participate in forums, roundtable discussions, or stakeholder meetings on issues including process safety to help forge innovative solutions in communities and the workplace or to provide input on process safety issues.