This Alliance provides AMI members and others with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them protect employees' health and safety, including non-English or limited English speaking workers. In particular, the Alliance focuses on ergonomics and lockout/tagout issues, including the prevention of amputations. The Alliance's goals include:
Training and education
- Work with OSHA to provide expertise to develop training and education programs for the meat packing and processing industry, and to provide expertise in communicating such information to employers and employees in the industry.
Outreach and communication
- Work with OSHA to provide expertise in developing information on the recognition and prevention of workplace hazards, and to provide expertise in developing ways of communicating such information to employers and employees in the industry.
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at OSHA's or AMI's conferences, local meetings, or other events such as the AMI Conference on Worker Safety, Health and Human Resources.
- Share information among OSHA personnel and industry safety and health professionals regarding AMI's effective approaches and publicize results through outreach by AMI and through OSHA- or AMI-developed materials, training programs, workshops, seminars, and lectures.
Promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health
- Convene or participate in forums, round table discussions, or stakeholder meetings to help forge innovative solutions in the workplace or to provide input on safety and health issues.