Fall Prevention Resources
Employers may distribute pre-printed training materials, e.g., "Safety" Brochures, and OSHA's Fall Prevention Campaign Resources consisting of: OSHA Fall Prevention Facts Sheets, Posters, Wallet Cards, Training Guide, Quick-Cards and Ladder/Safety Guidance materials located in:
- OSHA's Educational Materials and Resources for Workers and Employers
- OSHA's Fall Prevention Training
- OSHA's Falls Prevention Campaign (en español)
- OSHA's Publications
- OSHA's Media Resources
Educational Materials & Resources for Workers & Employers
Fall Prevention Wallet Card
Fall Prevention Publications
- Fall Protection in Construction (PDF*). OSHA Publication 3146, (2015).
- Protecting Roofing Workers (PDF*). OSHA Publication 3755, (2015).
- Fall Prevention/Protection. OSHA Publications. Contains fall prevention materials in English and Spanish.
Ladder Safety Guidance
- Falling Off Ladders Can Kill: Use Them Safely - Booklet (PDF*). Also available EPUB* and MOBI*
- Safe Use of Extension Ladders - Fact Sheet (PDF*)
- Safe Use of Job-made Wooden Ladders - Fact Sheet (PDF*)
- Safe Use of Stepladders - Fact Sheet (PDF*)
- NIOSH Ladder safety phone app (English and Spanish)
Additional Educational Materials
- Construction Industry
- Fall Protection in Residential Construction
- Fall Protection Safety and Health Topics page
- OSHA Construction eTool - Falls
- OSHA Heat Illness Prevention Campaign
- OSHA Alliance Program Toolbox talks and Training products
- OSHA Scaffold eTool
- NIOSH: Campaign to Prevent Falls in Construction
- Fall Prevention Training Guide: A Lesson Plan for Employers (PDF*) (EPUB* | MOBI*). Also available en Español (PDF*) (EPUB* | MOBI*).
- CPWR: Stop Construction Falls: contains educational and training tools including the fatality map.
- Get Ready to Stand-Down Webinar: Presentations from CPWR, NIOSH, and OSHA.
- NSC Stands with OSHA on Fall Safety
Prevention Videos (v-Tools)
- Falls in Construction
- California Fatality Assessment and Control Evaluation (FACE)
- The Worker' Compensation Board of British Columbia, Canada (WorkSafeBC)
*Accessibility Assistance: Contact OSHA's Directorate of Construction at (202) 693-2020 for assistance accessing PDF materials.
All other documents, that are not PDF materials or formatted for the web, are available as Microsoft Office® formats and videos and are noted accordingly. If additional assistance is needed with reading, reviewing or accessing these documents or any figures and illustrations, please also contact OSHA's Directorate of Construction at (202) 693-2020.
**eBooks - EPUB is the most common format for e-Books. If you use a Sony Reader, a Nook, or an iPad you can download the EPUB file format. If you use a Kindle, you can download the MOBI file format.Back to Top