Easy Dos and Don'ts -
Preventing Slips, Trips, and Falls
- Wear sturdy shoes with slip-resistant soles and low heels. Lace and tightly
- Clean up spills immediately. Spot mop only during rush periods.
- Place caution signs when mopping or when floors are wet.
- Use any non-slip matting provided for floors and keep mats clean and in
- Eliminate cluttered or obstructed work areas.
- Report to your supervisor any blind corners, problem floor surfaces, or
- Move too quickly or run.
- Carry items too tall for you to see over.
- Store items on the floor that might be tripped on, especially hot items
such as oil.
- Wear pants or clothing that are over-sized, baggy, or extended below
shoe level causing a potential trip hazard.
- Wear leather soles, open toe, platform, high heels, or canvas shoes.