Easy Dos and Don'ts -
- Follow all Child Labor Laws that are applicable for your age including:
- Hour Restrictions
- Job Restrictions. If you are younger than 18, you may not work in any
occupations identified by the Secretary of Labor as a Hazardous Occupation.
- Work in or with the following identified 'Hazardous Occupations' that may
occur in restaurant work:
Some exemptions do exist.
- Drive a motor vehicle or be an outside helper on a motor vehicle.
- Use a power-driven hoisting apparatus or forklift.
- Work in meat packing or processing (including the use of power-driven
meat slicing machines).
- Operate power-driven bakery machines (including a mixer).
- Operate power-driven paper product machines.