Easy Dos and Don'ts -
- Keep your head up and your back straight and bend at your hips.
- Bring the load as close to you as possible before lifting.
- Lift with your legs, not your back.
- Shift your feet to turn.
- Keep the load directly in front of your body.
- Try to perform lifts at waist height with your elbows in close to your body.
- Limit lifting by hand. Use mechanical lifts or get help.
- Stay fit to help avoid injury.
- Lift heavy loads (35 lbs or more) get help.
- Reach across something to lift a load.
- Lift bulky or uneven loads.
- Reach to the side or lift while twisting.