Easy Dos and Don'ts -
- Know your rights. You have a right to a safe and healthful workplace.
- Follow your employer's safety and health rules and use all provided protective equipment.
- Ask questions until you feel you can safely do the job.
- Follow the law and work only the hours and the types of jobs permitted by the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Be afraid to speak up if you have a question or feel endangered at work or notice a safety hazard at work.
- Operate equipment forbidden by law such as forklifts, meat slicers, and bakery machines.
- Come to work under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Perform tasks you are not trained to do.