Easy Dos and Don'ts -
- Know emergency work procedures for electrical emergencies.
- Use ground fault circuit (GFCIs) receptacles.
- Remove plug from receptacle by pulling on the plug, not the cord.
- Wipe up spills immediately.
- Wear appropriate waterproof non-slip footwear.
- Be aware of hot equipment and steam.
- Use faulty equipment or damaged receptacles or connectors.
- Plug in electrical equipment with wet hands or while touching a wet or damp surface.
- Put your fingers on the prongs while you are inserting it into an outlet.
- Pull on cords to unplug them.
- Overfill carts or containers.