Easy Dos and Don'ts - To Prevent Burns
- Wear long sleeves and long pants when cooking.
- Use potholders, gloves and mitts. Never use wet material as a potholder.
- Adjust burner flames to cover only the bottom of the pan.
- Check hot food on stoves carefully.
- Avoid steam - it can burn. Open lids away from you.
- Use caution when removing items from the microwave.
- Wear sturdy footwear that protects your feet.
- Leave hot oil unattended.
- Lean over pots of boiling liquids.
- Spill water into hot oil.
- Allow pot handles or cooking utensils to stick out from counters or stove
front and keep pot handles away from burners.
- Use metal containers, foil or utensils in microwave ovens.