Oil and Gas Well Drilling and Servicing eTool
General Safety and Health Other Available Resources
Consider the following resources for oil and gas well drilling and servicing activities:
OSHA Directives, Standard Interpretations, Corporate-Wide Settlement Agreements, and Federal Registers can be valuable resources and are accessible on the OSHA internet page. Go to osha.gov. At the top of the OSHA home page select "STANDARDS" and then select "Law and Regulations." Select the regulation that you want to view, and it will pull up on the screen. Once the standard is pulled up on the screen, you will see that the Standard Number is underlined. Click on the underlined number and proceed to the directives, interpretations, etc., which apply to that standard. [Note: When paragraph numbers are underlined in the standards, these can also be clicked to bring up specific interpretations applicable to the paragraph.]
OSHA Safety and Health Topics Pages
- Competent Person
- Compressed Gas and Equipment
- Confined Spaces
- Control of Hazardous Energy (LOTO)
- Crane, Derrick, and Hoist Safety
- Diesel Exhaust
- Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Eye and Face Protection
- Fall Protection
- Fire Safety
- Hand and Power Tools
- Hazard Communication
- Heat Stress
- Long Work Hours, Extended or Irregular Shifts, and Worker Fatigue
- Machine Guarding
- Medical and First Aid
- Motor Vehicles Safety
- Occupational Noise Exposure
- PPE (PPE)
- Powered Industrial Trucks
- Pressure Vessels
- Preventing Backovers
- Respiratory Protection
- Silica, Crystalline
- Winter Weather
- Workplace Violence
Other OSHA Resources
- 29 CFR 1910 Subpart I, PPE. OSHA Standard.
- 29 CFR 1910.132, General requirements.
- 29 CFR Part 1910, Subpart I, Enforcement Guidance for PPE in General Industry. OSHA Directive CPL 02-01-050, (February 10, 2011).
- PPE for General Industry. OSHA Federal Register Final Rules 59 FR 16334-16364, (April 6, 1994).
- Respiratory protection as it relates to oil fields. OSHA Standard Interpretation, (April 14, 1993).
National Service, Transmission, Exploration, and Production Safety (STEPS) Network Resources