Young Workers – Restaurant Safety
Related Safety and Health Topics Pages
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities Following an OSHA Inspection. OSHA Publication 3000, (2018). Outlines employer rights and obligations following an inspection conducted under the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970. Also available in Spanish.
- Small Business. OSHA.
- Teen Workers. Washington State Department of Labor and Industries. Covers hiring minors, hours of work, prohibited duties, and more for all industries other than agriculture.
- Restaurant Safety Materials - Teen-worker restaurant safety program materials. Washington State Department of Labor & Industries. Includes outreach materials.
- Health and Safety Awareness for Working Teens. The University of Washington. Includes information for teens, teachers, parents, and employers.
- Teen Workers - Rights and Responsibilities. California Partnership for Young Worker Health and Safety. Serves as an information source for teens, parents, educators and employers in California.
- Regulatory Resources. The National Sanitation Federation (NSF). NSF is an independent, not-for-profit organization known around the world for development of voluntary consensus standards, product testing procedures, and certification services in the areas of public health, safety, and the environment. NSF is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) to develop American National Standards. ANSI's accreditation verifies that NSF develops standards in a manner to ensure openness and due process allowing for equity and fair play.