Standard Interpretations are letters or memos written in response to public inquiries or field office inquiries regarding how some aspect of or terminology in an OSHA standard or regulation is to be interpreted and enforced by the Agency. These letters provide guidance to clarify the application of an established OSHA standard, policy, or procedure, but they may not, in themselves, establish or revise OSHA policy or procedure or interpret the OSH Act. They must specifically cite the source policy or procedure document they interpret.
Alert: Due to routine maintenance on the OSHA website, some pages are temporarily unavailable.
To report an emergency, file a complaint with OSHA or ask a safety and health question, call 1-800-321-6742 (OSHA).
- 12/04/1978 - Information on fixed ladders and cages. - [1910.27]
- 11/17/1978 - Clarification of 29 CFR 1910.24(b). - [1910.24]
- 10/23/1978 - Defective Doors on Railroad Boxcars Hazard Alert.
- 07/13/1978 - Duplex Rewinder Bar Guards. - [1910.261]
- 06/13/1978 - Platen Presses. - [1910.217]
- 05/03/1978 - Cages installed on fixed ladders. - [1910.27]
- 03/22/1978 - Requirements for toeboards. - [1926.451; 1926.500]
- 02/22/1978 - Standards for mechanical power presses. - [1910.212]