What is VPP Corporate?
VPP corporate is designed for corporate applicants, who demonstrate a strong commitment to employee safety and health and VPP. These applicants, typically large corporations or Federal Agencies, have adopted VPP on a large scale for protecting the safety and health of its employees. VPP corporate applicants must have established, standardized corporate-level safety and health management systems, effectively implemented organization-wide as well as internal audit/screening processes that evaluate their facilities for safety and health performance. Under VPP corporate, streamlined processes have been established to eliminate these redundancies and expand VPP participation for corporate applicants in a more efficient manner.
Current participants are:
- Jacobs Engineering Group, Inc.
- Morton Salt Corporation
- Delta Air Lines
- General Electric Company
- Parsons Corporation
How Does VPP Corporate Work?
An interested applicant submits a VPP corporate application describing corporate-level policies and programs consistent with VPP criteria that apply to all facilities across the organization. In addition to meeting the traditional VPP criteria, the applicant must have effective internal pre-screening processes to evaluate their candidate facilities' level of preparedness for participation in VPP.
Following OSHAs review and acceptance of the VPP corporate application, a comprehensive onsite corporate evaluation at the corporate office/headquarters is conducted by OSHA to verify the application contents. The evaluation will include interviews with senior leadership and safety and health staff to verify commitment; evaluation of prescreening processes; and comprehensive review of corporate level policies and programs.
Upon acceptance of the participant into VPP corporate, all eligible participant facilities will follow the streamlined application and onsite evaluation process when applying for VPP participation as described below:
- Corporate - Facility Application Process (C-FAP) - The facility applies for VPP using an application that will cover the safety and health management system and include facility-specific information. Information submitted in the corporate application does not need to be repeated.
- Corporate - Facility Onsite Process (C-FOP) - The facility onsite evaluation will focus on the implementation of the standardized corporate safety and health policies and programs and any facility-specific programs. Also, the duration of the onsite evaluation under C-FOP is shortened using the VPP corporate onsite protocol.
Do You Qualify?
The VPP corporate is limited to applicants that make a top-level commitment to reducing injuries and illnesses through implementation of a comprehensive safety and health management systems that achieves exemplary employee protections organization-wide. Other eligibility criteria include:
- Significant Corporate Participation in VPP and a Commitment to Strengthen VPP Participation
- Effective Internal Pre-Screening Processes
- VPP Knowledge and Dedicated Resources to VPP
- Commitment to Outreach and Mentoring
- Community Leadership in Safety and Health
- Participation in the Special Government Employee Program
For More Information on the VPP corporate, please contact the OSHA Office of Partnerships and Recognition at (202) 693-2213.Back to Top