Skip to main content
- Organizations involved in diving medical emergencies include:
- USA - Navy Experimental Diving Unit, (904) 230-3100.
- USA - Naval Medical Research Institute, (301) 295-1839.
- Canada - Diving Division of the Defense and Civil Institute of Environmental Medicine, (416) 635-2000.
- England - Institute of Naval Medicine,  1705 722-351.
- General information may also be obtained from the following:
- Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society (301) 942-2980)
- National Board of Diving and Hyperbaric Medical Technology (504) 366-8871)
- Navy Experimental Diving Unit. U.S. Navy, Supervisor of Salvage (SUPSALV). NEDU acts as an information clearinghouse for both the military and the public/commercial sectors; publishes technical and scientific reports; and cooperates in research and development with academia and industry in hyperbaric materials, technology, medicine, and physiology.
- Hammerhead Press. Provides books for scuba, technical, professional & commercial (deep-sea) divers, as well as free articles on commercial diving topics.