- American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI)
- Specialty Steel Industry of North America (SSINA)
- Steel Manufacturers Association (SMA)
Through the Alliance, OSHA and The Steel Group will work together to provide the steel manufacturing industry and others, including downstream manufacturers, with information, guidance, and mentoring that will help them protect employees' health and safety. The Alliance's goals include:
Outreach and communication
- Speak, exhibit or appear at OSHA's or The Steel Group's conferences, local meetings, or other events.
- Share information among OSHA personnel and industry safety and health professionals regarding The Steel Group's best practices or effective approaches and publicize results through outreach by The Steel Group and through OSHA- or The Steel Group's developed materials, training programs, workshops, seminars, and lectures (or any other applicable forum)
- Work with other Alliance participants on specific issues and projects that are addressed and developed through the Alliance Program.
Promoting the National Dialogue on Workplace Safety and Health
- Convene or participate in forums, roundtable discussions, conferences and stakeholder meetings on issues concerning injuries and illnesses that may occur in steel industry plants to help forge innovative solutions to these incidents in the workplace.