Through the OSHA, NIOSH and NHCA Alliance the organizations will work together to provide NHCA members and others, including young workers and small businesses, with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them protect employees' health and safety, particularly in reducing and preventing exposure to noise and chemical ototoxic agents. The Alliance's goals include:
Outreach and communication
- Work with OSHA to provide expertise in developing information on the recognition and prevention of hearing loss caused by workplace hazards, and to provide expertise in developing ways of communicating such information (e.g. print and electronic media, electronic assistance tools, and OSHA's, NIOSH's and NHCA's Web sites) to employers and employees in affected industries.
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at OSHA, NIOSH, or NHCA sponsored conferences, local meetings, or other events such as the annual NHCA conference.
- Share information among OSHA and NIOSH personnel and industry safety and health professionals regarding NHCA recommended best practices or effective approaches and publicize results through outreach by OSHA, NIOSH, and NHCA developed materials, training programs, workshops, seminars, and lectures (or any other applicable forum).
- Work with other Alliance participants on specific issues and projects that are addressed and developed through the Alliance Program.
Promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health
- Convene or participate in forums, round table discussions, or stakeholder meetings on workplace hearing loss prevention issues to help forge innovative solutions in the workplace or to provide input on safety and health issues.