OSHA's Alliance with NECA focuses on providing NECA members and others with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them protect employees' health and safety, particularly in reducing and preventing exposure to electrical and construction hazards. Alliance goals include:
Training and education
- Identify training needs relating to inside electrical, powerline, and video-data-voice systems construction and maintenance and then develop training that can be delivered at NECA chapters.
Outreach and communication
- Develop and disseminate information through print and electronic media, including links from OSHA's and NECA's web sites.
- Speak, exhibit or appear at the NECA Expo, meetings, or other events.
- Cross-train OSHA personnel and industry safety and health professionals in best practices or effective approaches as jointly determined by OSHA and NECA.
- Promote and encourage NECA members' participation in OSHA's cooperative programs such as compliance assistance and the Consultation Program. NECA will act as mentor to members that aspire to excellence in safety and health.
Promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health
- Raise others' awareness of and demonstrate their own commitment to workplace safety and health, whenever NECA leaders address groups.
- Share information on NECA worksites' best practices, as jointly determined by OSHA and NECA, with others in the industry through outreach by NECA and through OSHA - or NECA - developed training programs and materials. Promote their implementation through print or electronic media, at conferences, or by other means.
- Convene or participate in forums, roundtable discussions, or stakeholder meetings on electrical contracting industry problems to help forge innovative solutions to electrical and associated construction safety and health issues in the workplace.