Through the OSHA and MCAA Alliance renewal agreement, the organizations will encourage employers, including small businesses, to increase employee access to safety and health information and training resources, particularly in reducing and preventing exposure to hazards associated with masonry wall bracing, scaffolding, silica and forklift operations. The Alliance's goals include:
Training and education
- Work with OSHA to provide expertise to develop training and education programs for MCAA members and others in the masonry industry regarding masonry wall bracing, scaffolding, silica and forklift operations and to provide expertise in communicating such information to employers and employees in the industry.
Outreach and communication
- Work with OSHA to provide expertise in developing information on the recognition and prevention of workplace hazards, and to provide expertise in developing ways of communicating such information (e.g. print and electronic media, electronic assistance tools and OSHA's and MCAA's Web sites) to employers and employees in the industry.
- Share information among OSHA personnel and industry safety and health professionals regarding MCAA's best practices or effective approaches and publicize results through outreach by MCAA and through OSHA- or MCAA-developed materials, training programs, workshops, seminars, and lectures (or any other applicable forum).
- Work with other Alliance participants on specific issues and projects on designing for safety, masonry wall bracing, scaffolding, silica, and forklift operations that are addressed and developed through the Alliance Program.
Promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health
- Convene or participate in forums, round table discussions, or stakeholder meetings on masonry wall bracing, scaffolding, silica and forklift operations issues to help forge innovative solutions in the workplace.