Through the Alliance, the OSHA and ISCC will work together to provide the organization's members and others, including small businesses, in the pet care industry with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them protect employees' health and safety, particularly in reducing and preventing exposure to ergonomic hazards and addressing hazard communication issues in the workplace. The Alliance goals include:
Training and Education
- Work with OSHA to provide expertise to develop workplace safety and health curricula.
Outreach and communication
- Work with OSHA to provide expertise in developing information on the recognition and prevention of workplace hazards and to provide expertise in developing ways of communicating such information (e.g., print and electronic media, electronic assistance tools and OSHA's and the ISCC's Web sites) to employers and employees in the industry.
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at OSHA's or ISCC's conferences, local meetings, or pet care industry trade events such as the U.S. Pet Pro Classic.
- Work with other Alliance participants on specific issues and projects such as ergonomics and hazard communication that are addressed and developed through the Alliance Program.
Promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health
- Convene or participate in forums, roundtable discussions, or stakeholder meetings on ergonomics and hazard communication issues in the pet care industry to help forge innovative solutions in the workplace or to provide input on safety and health issues.