The Belfor USA Alliance focuses on providing Belfor USA employees and others in the construction and restoration industries with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them protect employees' health and safety especially in the areas of mold removal and motor vehicle safety. The Alliance's goals include:
Training and education
- Work with OSHA to provide expertise to develop and disseminate training and education programs on mold removal, focusing on Containment Set-Up and Personal Protective Equipment and motor vehicle safety.
Outreach and communication
- Increase non-English or limited English speaking employees' access to and understanding of safety and health information and available training resources, in particular mold removal and motor vehicle safety.
- Identify contacts within Belfor USA that can provide OSHA with information regarding mold removal.
- Work with other Alliance participants on specific issues and projects on mold removal and motor vehicle safety that are addressed and developed through the Alliance.
Promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health
- Participate in forums, roundtable discussions and conferences on mold removal and motor vehicle safety, in the construction and restoration industries, to help forge innovative solutions to raising safety awareness in the workplace.