Through the Alliance, BCSP, CCHEST and ABIH will use their collective expertise to help enhance safety professionals' and industrial hygienists' education and professional expertise and promote the value of increasing safety and industrial hygiene competency in the workplace. The Alliance's goals include:
Outreach and communication
- Work with OSHA to provide expertise in developing materials and programs to promote professionalism and the awareness, value and benefits of achieving safety and health certifications and assist with the dissemination of such information to employers and employees through print and electronic media, electronic assistance tools, OSHA's, BCSP's, CCHEST's and ABIH's Web sites and other appropriate media.
- Speak, exhibit or appear at conferences, local meetings or other events to disseminate and promote OSHA, BCSP, CCHEST and ABIH developed information on safety and health certification and professionalism.
- Share information among OSHA personnel and safety and health professionals regarding achieving and maintaining professionalism and BCSP, CCHEST and/or ABIH certifications.
- Work with other Alliance participants on safety and health certification and professionalism issues and projects.
Promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health
- Convene or participate in forums, round table discussions or stakeholder meetings on safety and health certification and professionalism issues.