OSHA, AF&PA and PPSA will continue to provide the members of AF&PA and PPSA, and others in the forest, pulp, paper, and paper-converting industries (the "Covered Industries") with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them protect employees' health and safety, particularly in addressing workplace ergonomics and machinery safety issues. The Alliance's goals include:
Training and education
- Work with OSHA to provide expertise to develop training and education programs and materials on ergonomics and machinery safety, and to provide expertise in communicating such information to employers and employees in the Covered Industries.
- Deliver or arrange for the delivery of ergonomics and machinery safety courses.
Outreach and communication
- Work with OSHA to provide expertise in developing information on the recognition and prevention of workplace hazards, and to provide expertise in developing ways of communicating such information (e.g., print and electronic media, electronic assistance tools and OSHA's, AF&PA's and PPSA's Web sites) to employers and employees in the Covered Industries.
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at OSHA's, AF&PA's or PPSA's conferences, local meetings, or other events such as the PPSA's annual safety conference.
- Share information among OSHA personnel and industry safety and health professionals regarding AF&PA's and PPSA's effective approaches (e.g., success stories) and publicize results through outreach by AF&PA and PPSA, and through OSHA-developed, AF&PA-developed, and/or PPSA-developed materials, training programs, workshops, seminars, and lectures.
- Encourage AF&PA's and PPSA's members and/or worksites to build relationships with OSHA's Regional and Area Offices to address ergonomics and machinery safety issues.