Through the Alliance, OSHA and ACIL will work together to raise awareness of OSHA's Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) Program for general industry and in particular small businesses. This includes increasing awareness of OSHA's requirements for product approvals by NRTLs. The Alliance's goals include:
Outreach and communication
- Work with OSHA to provide expertise in developing information on the recognition and prevention of workplace hazards and ways of communicating such information (e.g., print and electronic media, electronic assistance tools and OSHA's and ACIL's Web sites) to employers and employees in general industry.
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at OSHA's or ACIL's conferences, local meetings, ACIL's annual meetings, legislative conferences or other NRTL related events.
- Share information among OSHA personnel and industry safety and health professionals regarding effective approaches and publicize results through outreach by ACIL and through OSHA- or ACIL-developed materials, training programs, workshops, seminars, and lectures (or any other applicable forum).
- Encourage ACIL members and OSHA's Regional and Area Offices to build relationships to address health and safety issues relating to OSHA's NTRL Program.
Promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health
- Convene or participate in forums, round table discussions, or stakeholder meetings on NRTL product approval and electrical safety issues to help forge innovative solutions in the workplace or to provide input on safety and health issues.