- Safety and Health Topics
- Hexavalent Chromium
This section highlights OSHA standards and preambles to final rules (background to final rules) related to chromium (VI).
General Industry (29 CFR 1910)
- 1910.1026, Cr(VI)
- 1910.124, General requirements for dipping and coating operations
- 1910.1000, Air contaminants
- Table Z-1, Limits for air contaminants
Shipyard Employment (29 CFR 1915)
- 1915.1026, Cr(VI)
- 1915.51, Ventilation and protection in welding, cutting and heating
- 1915.1000, Air contaminants
Marine Terminals (29 CFR 1917)
- 1917.152, Welding, cutting and heating (hot work)
Construction Industry (29 CFR 1926)
- 1926.1126, Cr(VI)
- 1926.55, Gases, vapors, fumes, dusts, and mists
- 1926.57, Ventilation [Note 1926.57(i), Open surface tanks]
- 1926.353, Ventilation and protection in welding, cutting, and heating
Preambles to Final Rules
- Controlling Exposure to Hexavalent Chromium in Aerospace and Air Transport Painting. OSHA Fact Sheet (Publication 3650), (2013).
- Hexavalent Chromium Hazards in Bridge Painting. OSHA Fact Sheet (Publication 3649), (2013).
- Controlling Hexavalent Chromium Exposures during Electroplating. OSHA Fact Sheet (Publication 3648), (2013).
- Controlling Hazardous Fume and Gases during Welding. OSHA Fact Sheet (Publication 3647), (2013).