When operating a forklift on a loading dock, slow
down, watch out for others, and be aware of the edge of the dock.
Requirements and Recommended Practices:
- Falling off the edge of the dock.
- Skidding or slipping due to wet or icy conditions.
- Maintain a safe distance from the edge of loading dock.
- Watch out for tail swing.
- Keep working surfaces clear and clean.
- Paint the edges of the loading dock to improve visibility.
Figure 2. Use curbed ramps and dockboards to keep lift trucks from sliding.