- Safety and Health Topics
This section highlights OSHA standards, preambles to final rules (background to final rules) and directives (instructions to OSHA staff) related to bioterrorism. For additional information, see the Emergency Preparedness and Response Safety and Health Topics Page.
General Industry (29 CFR 1910)
- 1910 Subpart H, Hazardous materials
Construction Industry (29 CFR 1926)
- 1926 Subpart D, Occupational health and environmental controls
- 1926.65, Hazardous waste operations and emergency response
Preambles to Final Rules
- Inspection Procedures for 29 CFR 1910.120 and 1926.65, Paragraph (q): Emergency Response to Hazardous Substance Releases. CPL 02-02-073, (August 27, 2007). Updates enforcement procedures for compliance officers who need to conduct inspections of emergency response operations. It defines additional terms and expands on training requirements for emergency responders and other groups such as skilled support personnel. This OSHA instruction revises CPL 02-02-059, issued April 24, 1998.
- Compliance policy for emergency action plans and fire prevention plans. CPL 02-01-037 [CPL 2-1.037], (July 9, 2002).