Skip to main content
- National Nanotechnology Initiative (NNI). This program has been established to coordinate Federal nanotechnology research and development.
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), DOC. This webpage contains information on nanotechnology activities, news, and developments.
- Nanotechnology at the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH). NIOSH is the leading federal agency providing guidance and conducting research on the occupational safety and health implications and applications of nanotechnology.
- The Center for Construction Research and Training (CPWR) Chart Book provides information regarding the potential for exposure to nanomaterials in construction.
- The Electronic Library of Construction Occupational Safety and Health (elcosh) Construction Nanomaterial Inventory provides an inventory of nanomaterials used in the construction industry.
- Nanotechnology, EPA. This webpage highlights EPA's research in nanotechnology and provides useful information on related research at EPA and in other organizations.
- Nanotechnology, Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This webpage includes information on products developed using nanotechnology and FAQs on how FDA regulates such products.
- Project on Emerging Technologies at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars: The Project collaborates with researchers, government, industry, NGOs, policymakers, and others to look long-term, to identify gaps in knowledge and regulatory processes, and to develop strategies for closing them.
- National Cancer Institute (NCI), Nanotechnology Glossary.
- The International Conference on Nanotechnology: Occupational and Environmental Health & Safety. (December 4-7, 2006), Cincinnati, OH. This webpage includes slide presentations from conference presentations.
- Nanoscience and Nanotechnologies, The Royal Society and the Royal Academy of Engineering. (January 5, 2005). This webpage provides the results of a study, commissioned by the UK Government, on nanotechnology developments and associated health, safety, ethical and social issues that might stem from such technology.
- BSi, Vocabulary - Nanoparticles, PAS 71:2005. This Publicly Available Specification (PAS) was commissioned by the UK Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) in collaboration with the British Standards Institution (BSI) for the purposes of developing and encouraging the use of a common language for nanoparticle technologies.
- Institute of Nanotechnology. This webpage provides current information on nanotechnology developments in the United Kingdom.
- International Council on Nanotechnology (ICON). ICON is an international, multi-stakeholder organization whose mission is to develop and communicate information regarding potential environmental and health risks of nanotechnology, thereby fostering risk reduction while maximizing societal benefit.
- College & University Nanoscale Science, Technology and Engineering Programs, Nanotechnology Now. (January 31, 2005). This page provides links to universities around the world that perform research and development in nanotechnology.
- International Center for Technology Development, Principles for the Oversight of Nanotechnologies and Nanomaterials. 118 KB PDF This document declares principles that the authors believe must provide the foundation for adequate and effective oversight and assessment of nanotechnology.
- Nanowerk. This webpage provides current news, information and developments in nanotechnology.