Directives - Directive Number
OSHA Directives are written statements of policy and procedure on a single subject, which generally include implementation guidelines and responsibilities for the Agency's affected offices.
Instructions available here are not standards, regulations, or any other type of substantive rule. No statement in these Instructions should be construed to require the regulated community to adopt any practices, means, methods, operations, or processes beyond those which are already required by the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970 (OSH Act) (29 USC § 668) or standards and regulations promulgated under the OSH Act.
OSHA Compliance Directives (CPLs) are written instructions providing compliance policies and enforcement procedures on certain subjects, such as compliance with and enforcement of specific OSHA standards, or procedures to implement specific emphasis programs to target particular hazards. These policies are intended to ensure uniform enforcement by OSHA's field offices.
- 03-06 (IRT 01) [03-06 (ADM 1)] - National - The IMIS Enforcement Data Processing Manual: Table of Contents and Chapters 1 through 7. - 08/28/2003 - PDF
- ADM 01-00-001 [ADM 4.3] - National - Redelegation of Personnel Management Authority - 02/16/1981
- ADM 01-00-002 [ADM 4.4] - National - Administrative Subpoenas - 08/19/1991
- IPC 01-00-002 [ADM 3.4A] - National - Multiple Addressee Inquires - 06/01/1984
- ADM 01-00-003 [ADM 4-0.3] - National - Redelegation of Authority and Responsibility of the Assistant Secretary for Occupational Safety and Health - 03/06/2003 - PDF
- ADM 02-00-001 [ADM 11.2A] - National - Organizational Change Proposals. - 11/29/1989
- ADM 02-02-001 [ADM 11-2.3C] - National - Field Organizational Changes Below the Regional Office Level - 07/15/1991
- ADM 03-00-001 [ADM 3-6.2] - National - OSHA TSCA Confidential Business Information Security Manual - 10/01/1981
- ADM 03-01-001 [ADM 12-9.2] - National - Release to the State of Personnel Information on Federal Monitors - 10/30/1978
- ADM 03-01-002 [ADM 12-7.2A CH-1] - National - Change to Regional and Area Office Records Disposition Schedule - 03/14/1988
- ADM 03-01-002 [ADM 12-7.2A] - National - Regional and Area Office Records Disposition - 07/30/1980
- ADM 03-01-003 [ADM 12-7.3] - National - National Office Records Disposition Schedule - 07/31/1980
- ADM 04-00-003 - National - OSHA Safety and Health Management System, Chapter 8, Personal Protective Equipment - UPDATED - 05/12/2022 - PDF