Directives - NEP
National Emphasis Programs (NEPs) are temporary programs that focus OSHA's resources on particular hazards and high-hazard industries. Existing and potential new emphasis programs are evaluated using inspection data, injury and illness data, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) reports, peer-reviewed literature, analysis of inspection findings, and other available information sources.
- OSHA Instruction - CPL 03-00-008 - Combustible Dust National Emphasis Program (Reissued) - - PDF
Primary Metal Industries
- OSHA Instruction - CPL 03-00-018 - National Emphasis Program - Primary Metal Industries - - PDF
Note: This NEP does not set inspection goals nor does it require regional offices to develop emphasis programs, but it does provide uniform procedures for any unprogrammed inspection within these industries, and for any regional or State Plan emphasis program within these industries that may be voluntarily implemented.
Process Safety Management
- OSHA Instruction - CPL 03-00-021 - PSM Covered Chemical Facilities National Emphasis Program - - PDF
- OSHA Instruction - CPL 03-00-020 - OSHA's National Emphasis Program (NEP) on Shipbreaking - - PDF
Trenching & Excavation
- OSHA Instruction - CPL 02-00-069 - Special Emphasis: Trenching and Excavation -
- OSHA Instruction - CPL 02-00-161 - National Emphasis Program on Trenching and Excavation - - PDF