Susan Harwood Training Grant Program
On December 26, 2013, Office of Management and Budget (OMB) issued Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards; Final Rule (Uniform Guidance). This document standardizes, streamlines and combines 8 circulars (A-21, A-50, A-87, A-89, A-102, A-110, A-122 and A-133). This new guidance is often referred to as the "Super-circular" or "Omni-Circular" or "Uniform Guidance". On December 19, 2014, the Department of Labor (DOL) adopted the OMB Rule with DOL exceptions entitled Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards.
DOL's Uniform Guidance applies to all Federal awards made on or after December 26, 2014. Therefore, this guidance will affect new funding on OSHA's Consultation and State Plan grants in FY 2016 and Susan Harwood grants in FY 2015. The new guidance will supersede the previous award conditions applying to 2 CFR 200, 225, or 230, 29 CFR Parts 95 and 97, and the audit requirements at 2 CFR Part 96 and 99.
The following requirements and regulations documents pertaining to grantees have been published by OMB, Department of Labor, and OSHA.
Funding Opportunity Announcements
None at this time.
- Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards; Final Rule*. CFR Chapter II, Part 200, et al, December 26, 2013.
- Electronic Code of Federal Regulations, Title 2, Subtitle A, Chapter II, Part 200
- Frequently Asked Questions*. Council on Federal Financial Assistance Reform, November 26, 2014.
Department of Labor Regulations
- Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards.* CFR Chapter II, Part 2900 et al., December 19, 2014.
OSHA Administrative Requirements
- TED 03-00-002, Administering OSHA Discretionary Grant Programs
* Accessibility Assistance: Contact the OSHA Directorate of Training and Education at (847) 759-7700 for assistance accessing PDF materials.