- Safety and Health Topics
Sampling and Analysis
- OSHA Technical Manual (OTM). OSHA Directive TED 01-00-015 [TED 1-0.15A], (1999, January 20).
- Crystalline Silica. Includes sampling information for crystalline silica.
- Cyclone Leak Test Procedure. OSHA, (1997, September 15). Describes a method of leak testing cyclone sampler assemblies used for respirable sampling of silica.
- Occupational Chemical Database. OSHA. Presents, in concise form, data on a large number of chemical substances that may be encountered in industrial hygiene investigations:
- Quartz and Cristobalite in Workplace Atmospheres. OSHA Method ID-142, (2015, October). Describes the collection of airborne respirable α-quartz and/or cristobalite in the breathing zone of personnel and the subsequent analysis by x-ray diffraction (XRD). Tridymite can also be collected and analyzed using this method if a reference material and diffraction pattern for tridymite are used.
- NIOSH Manual of Analytical Methods (NMAM). U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Publication No. 2003-154, (2003). Contains extensive information on direct-reading instruments. The following NIOSH methods use direct-reading techniques: