TEXT VERSION OF SLIDE:
- Title: Training Requirements 1926.503
- Type: Text Slide
- Training must cover among other subjects:
- The nature of fall hazards in the work area.
- How to erect, maintain, disassemble, and inspect the fall protection systems to be used.
- How to use and operate the fall protection systems to be used.
- Subpart M requirements
- Supplements 1926.21
- Prepare training certification.
- Documentation of the latest training certification must be maintained.
- Retraining for:
- Changes in the fall protection systems to be used or to the workplace.
- Inadequacies in employee's knowledge or use of fall protection indicates that retraining is necessary.
At the bottom left is slide number 20.
At the bottom right is OSHA's logo.
1926.21(b)(2) requires employers to train their workers how to recognize and avoid unsafe conditions; and, the applicable regulations to control or eliminate hazards in the work place.
Fall protection training must cover:
- How to recognize and minimize fall hazards.
- How to use fall protection systems.
- How to inspect the systems.
- Training must be documented and the most current certification must be available.
Also, provisions to conduct retraining must be established to correct less than satisfactory fall protection performance by workers.