COVID-19 Healthcare ETS
Source: AP Photo/Elaine Thompson
The ETS was officially filed in the Office of the Federal Register on June 17, 2021, and it became effective when it was published on June 21, 2021.
Written comments on any aspect of the ETS must be submitted by August 20, 2021 in Docket number OSHA-2020-0004. Written comments on the information collection determination as described in VII.K of the ETS preamble (86 FR 32560) must be submitted by August 20, 2021 in Docket number OSHA-2021-0003.
To assess the ongoing need for an Emergency Temporary Standard for healthcare and related industries, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has reviewed the latest guidance, science and data on COVID-19 and has consulted with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) (through the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)). OSHA has determined that the requirements of the healthcare ETS released on June 10, 2021, remain necessary to address the grave danger of COVID-19 in healthcare. OSHA will continue to monitor and assess the need for changes in the healthcare ETS each month.
About the Rule
- ETS Regulatory Text (29 CFR 1910, Subpart U)
- Federal Register
- Federal Register - Correction
- Materials Incorporated by Reference
- News Release
NEW Webinar - COVID-19 ETS
- Fact Sheet – Subpart U – COVID-19 Healthcare ETS
- Summary – COVID-19 Healthcare ETS (Spanish)
- Fact Sheet – COVID-19 Healthcare ETS (Spanish)
- Fact Sheet – Mini Respiratory Protection Program
- Fact Sheet – Workers’ Rights (Spanish)
- Is Your Workplace Covered by the ETS?
- ETS FAQs
- Executive Order
Implementing the ETS
- COVID-19 Plan Template
- COVID-19 Healthcare Worksite Checklist & Employee Job Hazard Analysis
- Sample COVID-19 Log
- Reporting COVID-19 Fatalities and In-Patient Hospitalizations
- Employer Notification Tool
- Communication and Coordination Between Employers
- Sample Employee COVID-19 Health Screening Questionnaire (Spanish)
- Notification Removal and Return to Work Flow Chart for Employees
- Notification Removal and Return to Work Flow Chart for Employers
- Employee Training Presentation – Healthcare ETS
- Employee Training Presentation – Mini Respiratory Protection Program