The MBI Alliance focuses on providing the organization's and others in the commercial modular building industry, especially small businesses, with information, guidance, and access to building training resources that will help them protect employees' health and safety, by reducing and preventing exposure to industry hazards. OSHA and MBI will focus on safety and health issues including, material handling, fall protection and trenching and excavation. The Alliance's goals include:
Training and education
- Work with OSHA to deliver or arrange for the delivery of OSHA's 10-hour Small Contractor course and 10-hour Construction course.
Outreach and communication
- Share information among OSHA personnel and industry safety and health professionals regarding MBI's best practices or effective approaches and publicize results through outreach by MBI and through OSHA- or MBI-developed materials, training programs, workshops, seminars and lectures (or other applicable forum).
- Work with other Alliance participants on specific issues and projects on commercial modular building industry hazards such as material handling, fall protection and trenching and excavation that are addressed and developed through the Alliance Program.
- Encourage MBI's Regional Regulatory Councils to build relationships with OSHA's Regional and Area Offices, State Plan States and Consultation Projects to address health and safety issues including material handling, fall protection and trenching and excavation.
Promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health
- Convene or participate in forums, round table discussions, or stakeholder meetings on commercial modular building industry hazards such as material handling, fall protection and trenching and excavation to help forge innovative solutions in the workplace.