Through the Alliance, OSHA and IMA-NA will work together to provide IMA-NA members and others in the industrial minerals industry with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help protect employees' health and safety. The Alliance will focus on reducing and preventing exposure to rail and truck hazards common to industrial facilities. The Alliance goals include:
Training and education
- Deliver or arrange for the delivery of rail and truck safety courses to the industrial minerals industry.
Outreach and communication
- Work with OSHA to provide expertise in developing information on the recognition and prevention of workplace hazards, and to provide expertise in developing ways of communicating such information (e.g. print and electronic media, electronic assistance tools and OSHA's and the IMA-NA's Web sites) to employers and employees in the industry.
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at OSHA's or IMA-NA's conferences local meetings or other events, such as the Minerals Technology Workshop and IMA-NA Safety & Health Committee and Ergonomics Task Force.
- Promote and encourage IMA-NA member participation in OSHA's cooperative programs, such as the Voluntary Protection Programs, the Consultation Program and its Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program.
Promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health
- Convene or participate in forums, round table discussions, or stakeholder meetings to help forge innovative solutions in the workplace or to provide input on safety and health issues, including rail and truck safety in industrial facilities.